All applicants for scholarships must have completed a minimum of fifteen (15) credit hours as a full time student in a fully accredited college or university. Scholarship applications are accepted each year from January 1 through February 28.
1. A child of a current member of the PBLA and who is a Petroleum Land Management (PLM) and/or an Energy Management (EM) major currently enrolled full-time (minimum 12 semester hours) in a fully accredited PLM/EM program at a college or university.
2. A child of a current member of the PBLA and who is currently enrolled full-time (minimum 12 semester hours) in a non-land related degree program in a fully accredited college or university.
3. A PLM / EM major who is not the child of current member of the PBLA, but is currently enrolled full-time (minimum 12 semester hours) in a fully accredited PLM/EM program at a college or university.
4. All applicants will be considered equally on a need basis. Students having a grade point average of 2.5 or greater, having difficulty competing for assistance with 4.0 students will be the primary focus of the Scholarship Committee.
5. Scholarships are limited to undergraduate degree programs and are not applicable to graduate or law degrees.
6. Applications will not be considered if applicant does not submit a certified copy of the latest college transcript.
1. Neither the committee nor the PBLA board shall be obligated to award any scholarship during any fiscal year if, in the sole discretion of the board, there are no worthy applicants.
2. All awards are subject to the availability of Scholarship funds as determined by scholarship guidelines, as approved by the Board, and by a vote of the Board of Directors of the PBLA.
3. Applications may be considered at any time throughout the year; however, the Scholarship Committee will specifically seek applications beginning January 1 of each year and ending March 31 (application period). After the close of the application period, the committee shall have 30 days to review the applications received and the committee shall at the next regularly scheduled board meeting make its recommendations to the board.
4. All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee to determine need by applicants and availability of funds.
5. Scholarships granted by the Scholarship Committee may be paid directly to the student or to the educational institution in which he or she is enrolled, at the sole discretion of the Scholarship Committee. Scholarship payments shall not be made until the committee is furnished with proof (to its satisfaction) that the recipient is enrolled full-time (minimum 12 semester hours) in a fully accredited college or university.