|Summary of Responsibilities, Essential Duties & Expectations:
The Landman is generally responsible, as directed by senior land staff, for review and accurate reporting of lease terms and provisions in a land database. This is a contract position based in Midland, Texas.
Candidate will be responsible for:
· Front line review and interpretation of oil and gas leases and their various provisions. Candidate must be able to understand and interpret various provisions all related contractual obligations and entitlements.
· Ability to clearly and concisely present issues and findings to senior land staff.
· Input and track lease provisions and various tract, depth ownership and provisioning in land database.
· Work with and effectively communicating with operators to obtain copies of missing oil and gas leases and other title related documentation
· Ability to conduct title research and ownership using publicly available title data, abstracts, title opinions, assignments and lease file documentation.
· Basic understanding of WI/NRI calculations.
· Make Lease calls to Mineral owners.