About

Founded in 1949, the Permian Basin Landmen’s Association (PBLA) currently has over 1,300 members.   Approximately 70% of our members are located in the Permian Basin, with the remaining 30% in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, other parts of Texas and New Mexico, the Rocky Mountains, as well as Wyoming, Michigan, New York, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. 

 

General Meetings and Events:

PBLA General Meetings are held from September through May, generally on the second Tuesday of each month.  Meetings are usually held at the Petroleum Club of Midland from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  All General Meetings, with the exception of the Christmas Party, feature an educational guest speaker, and have CPL/RPL/RL educational credits.  Of course, food and fellowship are excellent at every meeting!

 

PBLA Events include the always popular Clay Shoot held in September (now in its thirty-fifth year), the Santa Fe Advanced Oil & Gas Institute held in September (co-hosted with AAPL, NMLA, and DAPL), the Spring Educational Seminar held in April, our annual Christmas Party, the Past Presidents’ Luncheon in February, Executive Evening dinner and meeting in April, and last but certainly not least, the Shrimp Boil and Golf Tournament held on consecutive days in April, which has been held the last three years at Hogan Park Golf Course.

 

PBLA meetings are open to all landmen and interested industry personnel.  Please check the “Calendar” page on this website www.pbla.org for specific meeting and event information.

 

Community Involvement:

PBLA’s active involvement in education and the community is once again evidenced by the awarding of Bill “Bro” Seltzer Scholarships, totaling over $30,000 to students at The University of Tulsa School of Petroleum Engineering, The University of Oklahoma Energy Management School, and Texas Tech University PLM Program, and Western State Colorado University, among others.  The Danita Walker Charity Fund donated in excess of $30,000 to local charities this year.  We greatly appreciate the member donations and support that make these gifts possible.  With their help, the PBLA will continue to increase this level of giving in 2017-2018.

 

Membership:

If you would like to join the PBLA as an Active or Associate Member, please print the application from the “Membership” page of this website.  An Active membership is a voting membership available to professional landmen regularly engaged in land work relating to the energy and/or minerals industry with a minimum of one (1) year of active experience as a landman.  An Associate membership is a non-voting membership available to a non-landman who is directly, primarily, or regularly engaged in performing services in the oil and gas industry.

 

During the year, please contact any of us with ideas, questions, or concerns.  Contact information for the board is located on the “Officers” page of this website, www.pbla.org.

 

Thank you for your interest.

 

Yours truly,

 

Jason South, CPL

President